1. Hold a dumpling wrapper in the palm of your hand and place the filling in the center.
2. Dip your finger in a bowl of water and run it around the edge to help make a good seal.
3. Lightly fold the wrapper over on itself, but don’t touch the edges together. Starting at one end, use your fingers to make a small pleat on the side of the wrapper closest to you. Press the pleat into the other side and pinch together firmly.
4. Keep making pleats down the dumpling opening in this way until completely sealed.
5. Your dumpling should be smiling back at you!